Here I’ll put hard-links to pieces of curriculum that I developed or helped to develop. These can include any labs that write, in-class activities that I develop, or assessments that I fashion. I will hopefully remember to note if I base these pieces on any existing materials or if it is 100% me. If I manage to assess the efficacy of these pieces I’ll upload them after my original post.
- MMG 302 Research Option development – A fun project that I developed under the supervision of Dr. Marsh to provide a bit of research experience to his microbiology students.
- BS 171 – Final exam and lab exam – Not really worthy of a post in-and-of itself, but I did them so I should talk about them. These were mostly based on previous exams that were provided to us by Dr. Urbance. As such they are not solely my creation. An important thing I did learn during the design of these materials was the need to customize your assessments based on what you focused on in class. As the course was designed for non-majors I did not stress the specifics of the assays, but more meta-analysis. So, when designing the exams I avoided questions which focused on the specifics and made sure they understood the basic concepts and processes I attempted to convey.
- MMG 302 – Dilutions worksheet – Blog post here!